We know science.
Know Science is a non-for-profit science education and outreach organization working to enhance public understanding of science by:
- Training scientists to become science communicators. Our workshops teach scientists key skills to engage in public speaking in an articulated, clear and accessible way.
- Organizing and delivering free engaging talks on cutting-edge scientific topics. The talks are delivered by our official Know Science speakers in various venues across NYC, giving scientists a variety of platforms for public engagement.
- Providing direct access to the latest science news, discoveries and blogs via our portal and social media channels.
Our scientists present on the most cutting edge topics in the area of research in which they specialize. Our presentations include:
- “Intro to Science” by Dr. Niki Athanasiadou, Ph.D.
- “GMOs” by Kate Bredbenner
- “Cancer” by Dr. Simona Giunta, Ph.D.
- “Stress” by Dr. Rosemarie Perry, Ph.D.
- “Science and Technology” by Dr. David Putrino, P.T., Ph.D.
- “Obesity” by Prof. Barry Levin, M.D.
- “The Science of Love” by Dr. Bianca Marlin, Ph.D.
- “HIV” by Dr. Natalia Freund, Ph.D.
- “Microbiome” by Dr. Deepshika Ramanan, Ph.D.
- “Mindfulness” by Meriah DeJoseph, M.A.
- “Science and Art” by Dr. Megan McGill, M.D., Ph.D.
… and more!
Have a question for real scientists? Ask the experts!
Know Science is a registered not-for-profit 501(c)(3) exempt organization, so all donations made are tax-deductible.
Support Know Science
Click here to Support Know Sciecne!
“I loved it! I, like many for sure, find Know Science a wonderful and necessary project.” Oana Radulescu
Do you ever wish you had a scientist on speed-dial?
- Are e-cigarettes safer than cigarettes?
- Do processed foods really cause cancer?
- HPV — vaccine or no vaccine?
- How do we get Alzheimer’s?
- Why are some people more vulnerable to addiction?
- What do we know about HIV now?
- Should I give my newborn all those vaccines at once?
- Should I be concerned about GMOs at the grocery store?
For answer to these and many other questions, Ask the Experts